Real Estate and Mortgage Glossary - Definitions (G)
- government loan (mortgage)
- A mortgage that is insured by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) or guaranteed by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) or the Rural Housing Service (RHS). Mortgages that are not government loans are classified as conventional loans.
- Government National Mortgage Association (Ginnie Mae)
- A government-owned corporation within the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Created by Congress on September 1, 1968, GNMA performs the same role as Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in providing funds to lenders for making home loans. The difference is that Ginnie Mae provides funds for government loans (FHA and VA)
- The person to whom an interest in real property is conveyed.
- The person conveying an interest in real property.