Home Selling Articles & Advice
- Disconnect Your Emotions
- Make Your House "Anonymous"
- The First Step - Removing Clutter
- The Most Important Room in the House
- The Rest of the House
- Fixing Up the House Interior
- Cost of Repairs
- Plumbing & Fixtures
- Ceiling, Walls & Painting
- Carpets & Flooring
- Windows & Doors
- A "Sensitive" Topic
- Fixing Up Outside the House
- Is Painting Required?
- The Front Entryway
- When You Meet With Agents
- A Sales Practice Called "Buying a Listing"
- What Happens Behind the Scenes
- Dropping Your Price -- Too Late
- Realtors Talk to One Another About Your Agent
- Price and Terms of Sale
- Real Estate Commission
- Multiple Listing Service
- Agency and Salesperson Responsibilities
- The Lockbox
- Resolving Disputes with Your Agent
- The Multiple Listing Service
- Office Preview
- Broker Preview
- Sending Flyers to Agents
- Marketing Sessions
- The Purpose of Advertising in General
- Real Estate Office Advertising
- Individual Agent Advertising
- Open Houses
- Convenience & Availability
- Why You Should Not be Home
- Pet Control
- The Kitchen Trash
- Tidiness Counts
We rank real estate agents in a variety of ways, dealing with how they treat visitors on the web. Look for the stars and checks.
If you're thinking of listing your home, you want to be sure your house gets listed online, too. Our Property Search Directory contains local agents that list property on their sites.
Get an estimate on moving, truck rentals for do-it-yourself moving, and moving supplies such as boxes and stuff.
Once a month we analyze the current housing sales page, including appreciation. Then we post an update and a slew of graphs and charts.
Step-by-Step Home Selling
- Listing Commissions and Issues
- The Listing Agent & Marketing Your Home
- Listing Agent - Marketing to Other Agents
- Listing Agent - Marketing to Homebuyers
Home Selling Hints & Insights
- What the Heck Is a Short Sale?
- Should You Try to Sell by Owner?
- The Earnest Money Deposit
- Flowers Add Immediate Impact
- What is the Multiple Listing Service?
- Comparable sales and your home's value
- Preventing Lawsuits - Homeowners Warranty
- When Market Value Outpaces Appraised Value
- Negotiating Contingencies in Real Estate Contracts
- What Goes With the Property When You Sell or Buy?
- An appraisal to determine your home's market value?
- How the Lockbox Helps Buyers and Sellers
- If You Think You Need a Bridge Loan
- The Basics on Toxic Black Mold
Submitted by Professionals
- Broker Responsibility
- Number One Selling Tip
- What is Your Home Worth?
- Determining Your Listing Price
- What is Home Staging? Does it Help?
- Mistakes Sellers Make in Choosing an Agent
- The Top Five Reasons Your House Hasn't Sold!
- Getting a Home Ready to Sell
- Home Inspections for Sellers
Our glossary was written to avoid typical real estate jargon so it would be easy to understand.